Trusts and Foundations Fundraiser – Age Concern Colchester & North Essex
Posted on: July 13, 2021
- Working closely with colleagues in the trusts and foundations team to develop fundable and fully costed proposals.
- Identifying appropriate funding and development opportunities through extensive desk research and networking with funders and other relevant organisations.
- Researching and identifying appropriate funders whose criteria match organisational development goals
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and prospective funders, especially those with the potential to give significant multi-year grants.
- Develop cases for support for existing and new services.
- Planning ahead to ensure applications and bids are submitted in advance of any deadlines whilst maintaining some flexibility to respond to unexpected opportunities
- Preparing cases for support and submitting compelling written bids and complex grant applications as appropriate
- Maintaining accurate and accessible records and producing regular reports
- Ensure that conditions and criteria of grants are tracked against outcomes, and that funders are provided with regular updates that meet or exceed their requirements maintaining oversight and delivery through an online database.
- Work closely with colleagues in the fundraising team to complement and develop a team ethos, share in success together and drive forward individual and team success
Planning & Organising
- Take responsibility for the delivery of the trusts and foundation income stream across assigned areas of focus.
- Support the Operations Managers and CEO with the delivery of fundraising objectives working closely in partnership.
- Listen to the needs of the Operations Managers to fully understand what is being achieved and is to be developed so you can create a compelling narrative.
- Identify and maintain a pipeline of prospective funders in HubSpot.
- Develop the funding pipeline for a consistently strong income delivery.
Financial Responsibilities and Budget Management
- Work with the Operations Managers and CEO to adjust financial plans when required to meet fundraising budgets or new funding requirements.
- Work with the finance officer to ensure the operational functions that support fundraising activities are lean, efficient and robust.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
To succeed in this role, you will have trusts and foundations fundraising experience, ideally including multi-year grants. You will be responsible for developing the existing pipeline and taking accountability for this from the CEO and Operations Managers.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Ability to effectively manage relationships with people at all levels.
- Excellent research skills, using a range of sources to identify and prioritise potential funders.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also use initiative when required.
- Ability to understand and empathise with our cause and to translate this passionately within the grants written and subsequent funder follow-ups.
- Attention to detail and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to plan and deliver multiple concurrent bids to delivery deadlines.
- Calm and professional attitude, naturally empathetic.
Knowledge and Experience
- Significant experience of cultivating and securing five- and six-figure grants from trusts and foundations.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain a robust pipeline of prospects.
- Proven experience of writing compelling cases for support.
- Experience of delivering annual budgets, achieving fundraising targets and KPIs within a trusts and foundations context.
- Experience of using a CRM system (HubSpot & Salesforce preferred).
- Experience of other fundraising activities (corporate fundraising, employee engagement, community fundraising, challenge events) is desirable.
- Knowledge of the sector is desirable.
- Potential trust and foundation funders
- Operations Managers
- Finance Officer
- Salesforce Developer
This is a permanent role for 37.5 hours a week Monday – Friday 9am-5pm.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
To join a high-performing team in a charity with a great current and future growth plan apply today.[efb_likebox fanpage_url="https://www.facebook.com/essexalliance/" fb_appid="" box_width="180" box_height=75" responsive="1" show_faces="0" show_stream="0" hide_cover="1" small_header="1" hide_cta="1" locale="en_US)"]