The purpose of The Alliance is to raise the voice of the community sector and through this the voice of the people of Essex. By doing this we aim to facilitate a stronger and more coordinated representation of our unified voice with our stakeholders.
The primary aims and aspirations of The Alliance are:
- Improved community outcomes and improved quality of service
- Improved representation of the Third Sector throughout Essex
- Improved access to Third Sector services
- Empowered Third Sector and thriving communities
- Improved community safety
- Redesigned services/pathways with the help of partners
- Improved information between partners, members and communities
- Good ideas and best practice shared with all members and partners.
- Risks and learning shared with each other
- Inequalities reduced
- Equality duty met
Who can join?
Representatives from all Voluntary and Community Sector organisations in Essex are welcome to join The Alliance, including charities, not for profit organisations and social enterprises.
All members are required to have the backing of their Board of Trustees’ (or equivalent) to become a member of The Alliance. This will mean that The Alliance has full organisational support from its members, thus strengthening its collective and unified voice.
All members are encouraged to support our initiatives through conversation and communication with their contacts, the wider sector and their local community
There is currently no membership fee.
How we behave
The principles, values and behaviours of The Alliance are:
- The Alliance aspires to the highest standards of excellence and professionalism
- The Alliance must reflect the needs and preferences of members, their partners and their communities
- The Alliance works across organisational boundaries and in partnership with other organisations in the interest of, local communities and the wider population
- The Alliance is committed to promoting best value for taxpayers’ money and the most effective, fair and sustainable use of finite resources
The Alliance members follow the Nolan Principles of public life which are: Selflessness; Integrity; Objectivity; Accountability; Openness; Honesty and Leadership.
The Alliance members act in an appropriate, professional manner, and any issues of dispute relating to The Alliance should be resolved by the function of the Steering Group.
The responsibilities of members are to:
- Respect fellow members needs and contributions
- Be honest and open in joint working relationships
- To participate in activities to increase efficiencies
- Act as an ambassador for The Alliance