New fund to help children’s and youth clubs re-open in the coming months
Posted on: February 1, 2021
Essex Council for Voluntary Youth Services are excited to announce a new fund that they are running on behalf of Essex County Council and your local District Councils with some Covid-19 relief funding.
Grassroots children’s/ youth clubs in Essex have been closed due to the pandemic, and many are hoping to re-open soon.
There is some support designed specifically to help re-mobilise these clubs-
1.) A grant of up to £500 to help with club reopening costs related to Covid-19 (Open Now! Until February 22nd 2021)
2.) Telephone support, guidance/ risk assessment advice that you might need to help re-open (Available from the start of Feb – end of March)
- Covid-19 related hygiene costs (e.g. Hand sanitizer, soap, face masks, gloves, increased venue cleaning or equipment costs.)
- Covid-19 related Infrastructure costs (e.g. Plexiglass screens, wall mounted dispensers, signage, increased venue hire costs to comply with social distancing.)
- Covid-19 related volunteer training costs
- Subs money covered for one term (up to £40 per child/ young person) for families struggling to pay subscription fees to Voluntary, not for profit children’s or youth clubs who are affiliated to a national or Essex based governing body.
- Covid safe guidance and reassurance for re-opening including- ppe, social distancing and becoming a Covid-safe venue
- Specific risk assessment guidance for Covid safe youth work in each individual setting
- General risk assessment and safe practice guidance going forward
- Specific advice on activities and adapting them to meet current regulations safely
- Help with other venue queries
- Advice regards to staffing and how to remain safe whilst still maintaining a service
- Help with sourcing and retaining volunteers
- Encouragement and guidance for any other questions that groups have around Remobilisation