Inbound Support Services Team Leader – Age Concern Colchester & North East Essex
Posted on: June 23, 2021
Overview for Team Leader Inbound Support Services
The Support Services Team Leader will develop capability within the organisation through understanding and managing information flow for inbound channels including web chat, text, social media channels, email, and telephone. The role will manage two individuals with skill sets that enable communications to be handled professionally, courteously, and efficiently with an audience who are often in challenging personal circumstances.
Externally stakeholders from across the NHS, voluntary sector and local government need to understand our service and how to refer into the services of Age Concern Colchester. This will be handled through meetings, leaflets and working to support hyper-local teams recognise the value of the service and how to use the services within.
Referrals will come in for our services and need to be managed through our in house database and directed immediately to the relevant services. Equally some contacts will need an external referral for the right support.
What the Role Covers for Team Leader Inbound Support Services
Support Services Helpdesk
- Provide line management to a team of inbound communications coordinators
- To develop efficient processes to manage communications within the internal and external operating environment.
- Work with colleagues at Operations Manager level to agree and implement support workstreams
- Deliver high call quality (for phone and web) and contact response (for all other channels)
- To identify, implement and maintain Customer Service Standards
- Generate and assess inbound performance and referrals tracking
- Assess peaks and troughs of communication activity against any campaigns that are delivered
Health and Wellbeing Alliance / External Connections
- Develop inbound referrals from relevant community partners
- Identify key stakeholders in the Health and Wellbeing Alliance and develop relationships
- Look at opportunities for the development of neighbourhood working
- Work closely with partners in EPUT and ESNEFT to develop the service
- Identify key stakeholders in GP surgeries, CVS operations and Social Prescribing to develop the flow of referrals each way
- Provide meaningful information that enables decision-making within the Alliance
- Manage website pages towards a stronger referral pathway
- Develop the Chat function fully to provide optimum support for website visitors
- Work to maximise usage of call handling and reporting functionality
- Monitor, maintain and develop webpages o clients and families of clients can support themselves to find resources
- Monitor, maintain and develop paged of the website as appropriate.
People / Team
- Inspire your team to deliver first-class support services to clients and the wider team
- Support with corporate inductions as needed
- Cultivate a supportive approach within the team to colleague requests for help
- Be a trusted team member who is reliable and looked up to by colleagues
- Be a positive ambassador for Age Concern with all stakeholders
- Draw people into Age Concern through the welcome and service experience
- Cover the team as needed in periods of absence, holidays or peak call periods
- Support Services Operations Manager
- Other Operations Managers
- Specialist Support Services Team
- Alliance organizations
- Colleagues in the NHS and Local Government
The role is a permanent role for 37.5 hours a week.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
To join a high-performing team in a charity with a great current and future growth plan apply today.