Posted on: July 12, 2021
This summer Essex County Council, Active Essex and Thurrock Council are working with a wide range of locally trusted organisations to deliver our biggest ever holiday activity programme to date, across Essex and Thurrock. The programme is Essex ActivAte.
They are working with over 85 partners to provide over 200 clubs and 130 outreach sessions, providing over 200,000 FREE places over 5 weeks of the summer holiday.
All core Essex ActivAte clubs provide:
- Free places for low income families who are eligible for benefits based free school meals
- At least 4 hours of provision each session
- Fun physical activity that meets the CMO recommended amount
- A range of enrichment activity which might include arts and crafts, games, drama, music, cooking, informal education and in some places they will also host pet parties, pony rides and will have special guests from princesses and super hero’s!
- A nutritious meal that will be hot where possible
- Nutritional education
- Support for the whole family
All clubs will be inclusive and have inclusion and mental wellbeing ambassadors and Active Essex are providing a range of training and support to ensure that all staff and volunteers are fully equipped with the knowledge and understanding to delivering a fun, supportive and safe experience for young people this summer.
They are also working with specialist partners in order to provide 29 Essex ActivAte SEND clubs and 18 Essex ActivAte mental wellbeing hubs across the county.
Parents and carers can book places at the summer sessions using the following link; Essex ActivAte Summer 2021
[efb_likebox fanpage_url="https://www.facebook.com/essexalliance/" fb_appid="" box_width="180" box_height=75" responsive="1" show_faces="0" show_stream="0" hide_cover="1" small_header="1" hide_cta="1" locale="en_US)"]