East Region Safeguarding Learning Weeks
Posted on: August 19, 2021
We are delighted to invite you and your colleagues to a collaborative learning event taking place between:
- 13th – 17th September 2021 13:00-14:00
- 20th – 24th September 2021 13:00-14:00
The agenda has been created in collaboration with partners across the East Region including: Police, Local Authority, Heath, Fire, Education and other partners.
We welcome an audience from frontline workers across all professions so please share with your partners across health, Police, Fire, Local Authority, Education, Third Sector and Volunteer agencies.
Please access the agenda and registration to the session via the following link:
- Multiagency pre-birth safeguarding: Considerations for best practice
- Reconsidering CT head scans in suspected physical abuse – research presentations
- Safeguarding children: The role of a community perinatal team
- The experience of safeguarding from a patient’s perspective through a midwife’s eyes
- Transition and looked after children
- Learning Disabilities Mortality Review (LeDeR) Programme
- Vulnerability – Transitional Safeguarding: towards a fluid response for adolescents and young adults
- Older people and domestic abuse – it’s not always adult safeguarding
- Mental Capacity Act: A quick refresher
- The lived experience of trauma informed care
- Confidence building in sharing information – a legal view
- A day in the life of a PREVENT officer
- Incel – An introduction
- The role of the interventionalist in supporting survivors
- Online grooming: Breck’s story
- Extremism….a mother’s experience and the impact on families
- Use Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari to use the registration pages effectively. Internet explorer does not support this platform.
- Don’t worry if you can’t make a session you really want to see, we will be recording, if you register on the platform you will have access to all the recordings after the two weeks have finished.
- Keep an eye on the platform as we will also be recording some bonus sessions for your to watch, so please watch this space.
We are looking forward to you joining us and we hope you find the sessions informative and valuable.[efb_likebox fanpage_url="https://www.facebook.com/essexalliance/" fb_appid="" box_width="180" box_height=75" responsive="1" show_faces="0" show_stream="0" hide_cover="1" small_header="1" hide_cta="1" locale="en_US)"]