Digital Fundraiser – Age Concern Colchester and North East Essex
Posted on: August 4, 2021
What are we looking for?
- To create a robust digital fundraising strategy and campaign with appropriate comms to increase income reach
- Develop strategies for growing income and delivering an excellent supporter experience through email, paid social and other digital marketing channels
- To carry out our advertising, executing digital campaigns through email marketing and banner advertising
- To develop and maintain Google Ads to expand the reach of Age Concern Colchester & North East Essex.
- Recruit and coordinate fundraising volunteers, companies, community groups, etc for fundraising on our behalf
- Manage and monitor and create engaging content for all of our social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc. as well as other marketing and communication materials (including our website)
- Work across-team to ensure coordinated and cooperative fundraising approaches
- Improve the integration of online and offline channels
- Source direct delivery branded products and create WooCommerce store
- Write press releases and be the main contact point for press engagement with the CEO.
Skills and experience
- Experience working in a digital fundraising/marketing and/or communications role.
- Proven track record of digital fundraising, income generation, social media, and use of google analytics and SEO
- Educated to a degree level ideally in, Digital Fundraising, Marketing and/or Communications
- Have demonstrable experience in producing high-quality written content, presenting compelling cases for support and impact information
- Maintaining and developing successful donor relationships through timely and appropriate communications and engagement
- Planning and managing digital fundraising and marketing activity
- Ability to write clear and jargon-free copy reflecting the brand and values of Age Concern Colchester; to edit and proofread to a high level of accuracy.
- Self-starter, motivated, results-driven
- Friendly with a positive attitude
- Be passionate about all things digital, with a focus on e-commerce
- Able to work independently, manage deadlines and prioritise work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good at working as part of a cross-functional team
- Flexibility in responding to urgent requests, whilst maintaining and adjusting work schedules.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines, producing accurate work
Desirable, not essential:
- Experience using Adobe Suite and WordPress, Buffer, Mailchimp, and Facebook Business Manager, Google analytics, Dotdigital. Experience in film & Podcasts.
This is a permanent role for a maximum of 20 hours a week between Monday – Friday 9am-5pm. Salary dependent on experience and hours to be worked.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
To join a high-performing team in a charity with a great current and future growth plan apply today.