CVSU Winter Warmth Initiative Offer
Posted on: December 7, 2019
- Coat Swap scheme – Dunmow and Saffron Walden Libraries are going to host a Coat Swap this winter. People bring in their clean unwanted coats on hangers and put them on the coat rail. If they want another coat they can take one. This scheme also includes children coats. This service is free of charge and will work in conjunction with our Winter Warmth Initiative. We will hopefully have the scheme up and running within the next week or 2.
- Emergency Fuel Oil Vouchers – We will provide upto 3 voucher in extreme circumstances to different individuals who are elderly, ill, disabled or vulnerable 60 years +. You would need to liaise with our team who have a basic criteria checklist, if appropriate. We will arrange delivery and direct payment to the supplier upto a value of £300.
- Safer Homes scheme – Comprises of Handyperson service through which we will repair trip hazards, install draft excluders, heat reflectors behind heaters, repair doors or broken windows or fit curtain rails with pre-made curtains, and in addition a Winter Gardening provision – path access snow and ice clearance, managing Hedges, Small tree pruning, etc This service should be booked through the online Frontline Service or by calling 01371 878400.
- Compressed Coffee Granules Fuel Logs – Suitable for Open Fires and Log Burners, will be provided to those in need.
- Winter Warmth Packs – We have 100 Winter Warm Packs for Men and Women who are struggling with or are at risk due to the cold weather. These comprise of a set of fingerless gloves, Thick socks, a Hot water bottle, a Thermos mug and a blanket. Again please request a pack via the online Frontline system or through 01371 878400.