Community Action Fund – Suicide Awareness in West Essex
Posted on: March 18, 2022
West Essex has funding from the Department for Health and Social Care, Public Health England (PHE) and NHS England to fund community projects that reach out to people at risk of suicide. We are in Wave 4 of this funding which has already started in other parts of Essex.
The Aim of the Wave Four Programme:
- Build resilience to Mental Health problems in local communities
- Promote positive mental health in local communities
- To reduce the stigma of self-harm and suicide.
- To increase the community-based support for those at risk of suicide, including in high risk groups.
- To reduce the incidence of self-harm and repeated self-harm.
- To reduce the impact of self-harm and suicide.
Who we want to help:
1. Projects that support men, especially middle-aged men, and young men where there is an emerging risk of self harm and suicide.
2. Projects supporting men in high risk groups:
- In the care of Mental Health Services, including
- With a history of self-harm.
- In contact with the Criminal Justice
- Working in specific occupations – construction and farming.
- Vulnerable groups – People of colour, LGBTQ+, Veterans, Homeless and rough sleepers, survivors of domestic/sexual
If your organisation has an idea that will get out and connect with men, you can apply for up to £3000 to get your project moving.
You can apply now for your project for 2022 funds
Please complete and return to:
Mind in West Essex
10-11 Corner House
Essex CM18 6NZ