Co-op Local Community Fund
Posted on: April 14, 2022
The Co-op Local Community Fund supports projects across the UK that our members care about.
Every time our members buy selected Co-op branded products and services, we’ll give local causes a helping hand.
Who can apply
To apply, you must meet the organisation requirements set out by Co-op’s Local Community Fund.
Your cause and your Project also need to be in keeping with Co-op’s values.
You can make an application if your Project:
- enables people to access food and co-operate together to feed everyone
- helps improve people’s mental wellbeing
- offers young people opportunities to develop new skills and make a difference in their community
We’ll also give priority to local charities and other organisations with an income of less than £1 million a year.
We’ll only consider one application per organisation, per giving period (usually 12 months, but it can vary).
This means we won’t consider multiple applications from the same organisation in a giving period for different local communities.
We won’t consider any applications which involve:
- promoting any political activities or causes
- promoting any religious beliefs (but we will consider projects led by religious organisations, if they’re for the good of the whole community)
- exclusively paying salaries or other running costs
- giving our grant to other people or organisations (onward grant making)
- projects that have already happened or will be finished before the giving period ends
- projects that public authorities (for example, the council) are responsible for, by law
- sponsored events
- overseas projects
- projects which, in our opinion, could harm the reputation of the Co-op or the Local Community Fund