Apply for funding to set up a fridge
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Co-op is working in partnership with Hubbub to offer funding to local groups for 100 Community Fridges across the UK.
Successful groups will receive:
- £4,000 funding
- support to set up a fridge
- membership to Hubbub’s Community Fridge Network
Who can apply
Community groups that:
- have not yet set up a Community Fridge
- are not for profit
- will set up their fridge in the next 6 months
- will run the fridge for at least 3 years
- have a group bank account – money cannot be paid into personal accounts
We’ll consider applications:
- from groups that will make sure their fridge is open to everyone
- not be used to provide emergency food
- in areas that do not already have a Community Fridge or food project within 2 miles
- from groups who plan to organise food related activities like cooking workshops or food growing
Find out more about who can apply and what you can spend the money on in this Community Fridge funding criteria.
How to apply
- Fill in the form to apply for funding.
- Save at any time by using the ‘Save’ button.
- Complete your application by midnight on 1 February 2022.
What you’ll need to apply
- A description of your group and what it does
- Details about why you want to set up a Community Fridge and where (if you already have a proposed location)
If you’re successful
We’ll let you know if you’re successful by 28 February 2022.
You’ll need to agree to the Hubbub Community Fridge Network (CFN) terms and conditions.
You’ll receive the funding in 2 payments:
- £3,000 when you submit your signed Letter of Agreement (LOA) and bank information.
- £1,000 a year after you have launched your fridge.