An Invitation to Essex Prevents
Posted on: August 30, 2019
Content originally from Essex Futures
Essex Prevents, the homelessness workstream of the Essex Vision, would like to invite you to a presentation of their work prior to the Essex Assembly on 17th September.
Essex Prevents, led by Dawn French CEO Uttlesford District Council is a sector wide partnership made up of: District councils, ECC, Unitary councils, Voluntary sector, PFCC, Health, Voluntary sector, Jobcentre Plus, Essex University, night shelters, Housing providers and others.
Our work over the last year has been to look at interventions that would reduce the number of homeless households and rough sleepers and improve the life chances of those that find themselves in this damaging situation.
Our work has included:
- Increasing affordable accommodation in Essex
- Introducing an Essex hospital discharge protocol
- Implementing an Essex prison release protocol
- Understanding what services are needed in Essex to prevent rough sleeping
- Using data analytics to gain insight into homelessness needs in Essex
- Agreeing an MOU on how we work together as a sector and with customers.
We would really love to tell you about our work, and our plans for the future. We recognise that your time is precious so we have arranged this presentation to take place before the Essex Assembly on Tuesday 17th September at 10:30am, Chelmsford City Racecourse.
If you would like to book on to Essex Assembly and have not received an invite please contact [email protected]
[efb_likebox fanpage_url="https://www.facebook.com/essexalliance/" fb_appid="" box_width="180" box_height=75" responsive="1" show_faces="0" show_stream="0" hide_cover="1" small_header="1" hide_cta="1" locale="en_US)"]