Setting Up a Social Enterprise
23/10/2019 - 24/10/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Civic Suite and Rayleigh Information Centre, 2 Hockley Road, Rayleigh, Essex, SS6 8EB
You may have heard the term social enterprise and wondered what this is and whether it is a good model for your business. This free, two day workshop will help you understand and decide.
You do not need to attend both days, just select when registering.
The workshop will begin at 10am and finish at 4pm each day. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Who should attend?
- People who are setting up something new or converting an existing charity or traditional business based in the Essex Local Authority area.
- Start-up businesses registered for less than one year that are based in the Essex Local Authority area.
Workshop Content: Day 1
Understanding Social Enterprises
- What are social enterprises – what do they do and how do they do it?
- What legal structures can you use and how to choose the best one for you?
- How do you balance the social and the financial aspects of your business?
Workshop Content: Day 2
Bringing Your Idea to Life
- What does your market place look like?
- How to plan and manage the finances
- How to measure the impact of what you do
- Writing a business plan
For more information, please visit the eventbrite website.